RéZZo FOCAL Jazz à Vienne
For the 13th contest of its kind, Jazz à Vienne is delving deeper into France’s up-and-coming jazz scene to support and showcase the new generation.
Jazz à Vienne launched RéZZo FOCAL Jazz à Vienne as part of its drive to put the spotlight on new jazz talents.
The national contest is a real opportunity for shortlisted groups to perform in professional stage conditions in front of a large and keen audience. RéZZo FOCAL Jazz à Vienne enables the winner to record an album with a renowned label and get marketing, artistic and promotional support for a year. French jazz figures and our partners (clubs, festivals, associations etc.) take part in bringing the area’s new jazz scene to the fore. FOCAL, premium speaker manufacturer, gives the winning group recording time in the studio.
Max Pinto 4tet, Jérémy Ternoy trio, Paradox, Oxyd, Céline Bonacina trio, Sidony Box, Trio Enchant(i)er, Impérial Quartet, WaterBabies, Uptake, nOx.3 and Amaury Faye trio have won since 2004. This is also a chance for festivalgoers to be among the first to watch the jazz artists of the future in action!
Jazz à Vienne and its partners provide support to help the group go pro. Prizes for the winning group include:
• A year’s worth of artistic support (starting when they win)
• Recording an album (recording, mixing and mastering)
• Signing an album to French label at Paris
• An album launch concert at Paris
• Performances at several venues and festivals* (Péristyle de l’Opéra de Lyon, festival Mantes Lalala, Nancy Jazz Pulsations, Le festival Tropisme, A Vaulx Jazz, etc.) and the Roman Theatre at the 2018 Jazz à Vienne
• Awarding the group “2017 RéZZo FOCAL Jazz à Vienne Winner”.
*Based on confirmation
To download the 2017 application file it's here.