Any spectator who does not comply with the safety and/or health rules detailed below may be refused access to the various festival venues and will not be entitled to a refund of their tickets.
Vigipirate (French antiterrorist plan)
As part of the Vigipirate plan, a security system will be set up around the festival venues (e.g., roadblocks, bag inspections).
Jazz à Vienne’s volunteers look forward to welcoming you, answering your questions and guiding you to the various venues. People who are drunk or who behave in ways that are detrimental to the smooth operation of the concerts and/or the safety of spectators, volunteers, staff and artists may be denied access to the venues and will not be entitled to a refund. Security teams will carry out checks at the entrance to the festival’s various venues. To make it easier for these checks to be conducted, please present your bags and avoid bringing excess items.
Stage opening times
- Jardin de Cybèle
Open to the general public every day from noon.
Closing time: From Sunday to Thursday at 2 am, Friday and Saturday: 3 am
- Le Club
Doors open at 11:30 pm. Free entry, subject to capacity.
- Théâtre Antique
The streets around the Théâtre Antique will be closed to traffic from 5 pm until 20 minutes after the end of the concerts. The Théâtre Antique’s doors open at 6:30 pm. All exits are final.
Items prohibited at Jazz à Vienne
Apart for motorbike helmets (these may be left at the ticket office on Rue des Célestes near the ‘2 roues’ parking area), there are no luggage storage facilities or cloakrooms at the festival. Spectators are kindly requested to arrive without the prohibited items listed below. Picnics and reusable water bottles are allowed as long as they do not break the rules laid out below. Free water fountains will be made available at the Théâtre Antique and Jardin de Cybèle. Security officers may empty the contents of reusable bottles if these contain alcohol.
List of prohibited items (Théâtre Antique / Cybèle / Club de Minuit / Salle de Manège)
- Weapons, sharp or blunt objects, any pyrotechnic or dangerous item in general and any object likely to be used as a projectile (at the discretion of the security officer)
- Alcohol and explosive, flammable or volatile substances
- Bottles of alcohol and drinks in glass bottles, cans, ice packs and hard-sided plastic coolers
- Motorcycle helmets, strollers, prams, seat backs with rigid (unprotected) frames
- Cameras (professional ones with a lens), video cameras (such as GoPros) and audio recorders
- Computers and tablets
- Large suitcases and travel bags
- Musical instruments
- Animals (apart from assistance dogs for people with disabilities)
- Political, ideological, religious and commercial signs and banners of all sizes
This list is non-exhaustive.
Luggage service at Cybèle
Jazz à Vienne offers a luggage service at the Boutique de Cybèle for €2 per item.
From Sunday to Thursday: 12 noon until 0:45 am
From Friday to Saturday: 12 noon until 1:45 am
In accordance with the decree published on 7th August 2017 in the French Official Journal (‘Journal Officiel’), Jazz à Vienne commits to the following:
- Volumes of 102dB(A) for no more than 15 minutes
- Low frequency volumes of 118db(C) for no more than 15 minutes
- An upper threshold for young audience performances (up to six years of age inclusive): 94 dB(A) and 104 dB(C)
Further to its compliance with these regulations, Jazz à Vienne:
- Will continue its awareness-raising work
- Will provide free hearing protection to the general public
Parents accompanying children aged under 8 are reminded that it is important to provide them with special hearing protection.